January 7, 2010

First Recipe...Perfect Peach Cobbler!

The excitement of starting this blog has kept me thinking about what I should share first. I love digital scrapbooking, and I love baking, so it only seemed natural to share a hybrid of the two!

Who wouldn't love a more colorful cookbook? I know I would! I saw a scrap challenge over the holidays that called for a "virtual recipe exchange." The participants made printable 4x6 recipe cards to share! I adored this idea, so I decided to alter it a bit to fit my blog. I'd like to share recipe cards with you, so from time to time, I will post a recipe with a 4x6 recipe card to download and print...FREE! I'm not promising every recipe will include a card, but I will try!

My first offering is one of my favorites...Peach Cobbler! I've had a lot of luck with this recipe. It has never failed, even though I get the ingredients a little off here and there sometimes. I also thought it was fitting as my first recipe because it has pancake mix in it! Now, because this recipe calls for fruit filling, I am including a homemade recipe for that as well. Though it calls for peaches, you could use any fresh (or canned) fruit, or even bypass the homemade recipe completely and use canned filling if you are pinched for time! It's especially good with fresh berries!

Don't forget to scroll down for your free recipe cards!!

Perfect Peach Cobbler
3 cups peach filling (homemade or canned)
1 1/4 cups Bisquick Pancake box mix
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted (butter, no substitutes!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place fruit in a lightly greased baking dish and set aside. In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, sugar, and egg and mix until all dry ingredients are moist but lumpy. Spread this mixture evenly over your fruit. Drizzle melted butter evenly over the batter, and bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until fruit begins to bubble around the edges.

Fruit Filling
3 cups fresh fruit of choice (canned sliced peaches in their own juice work nicely too)
3/4 cup water

3/4 cup sugar

2 1/2 Tbsp corn starch with 1/2 cup cool water

In a large sauce pan, cook fruit and 3/4 cup water on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix sugar, corn starch, and cool water. Spoon hot fruit mixture a little at the time into the corn starch mixture. When combined, return to the sauce pan and return to medium-high heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Cool completely.
(This is not only a filling, but can be served over ice cream or swirled into cakes!)

Now for your recipe cards! Follow the links to download, then
print them for your recipe box!

thanks to the designers whose products I used to create these cards: Katie Pertiet, Studio Mgl, Studio Tangie, Font Garden, Sweet Blossom Designs by Sara, Wimpychompers, After 5 Designs, Pineapple Planation, Shabby Princess, and Keri Scheuller!










2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm! Sounds yummy! Perfect for cold days, I think! I'll have to give it a try! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 9 post on Mar. 05, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

I love each and every comment! Thanks for taking the time!