May 14, 2010

Sharing an Awesome Community and One of My Pages!

     I'm a big fan digital scrapbooking. I guess that's not too big a secret though, now is it? I realized that I haven't posted a single one of my pages on this blog. It must be that I upload them all to my Facebook page and groups and forget to share them here. Well, since I found an awesome group on Facebook, I thought it was a good time to share that and one of my pages!

Digital Scrapaholics Anonymous is a fun group on Facebook, and how can you not LOVE the name?!
Hello, my name is Melissa, and I am addicted to Digital Scrapbooking!
      Well, everyone interested in the medium in the least little bit should head over to their page and join the group! Macy and Janet, the fun ladies that run the group, are amazing! I really enjoy the group because it is a place to simply share your projects and get inspiration from other's while you're at it! They have fun challenges and things too, so run on over to Facebook and join in the digiscrappin' fun! You won't regret it!

     I was so excited about the feed back from fellow scrappers on the DSA group, but today I got an email that sent through the roof! One of the pages I shared had been chosen as the Layout of the Week!! So, since I haven't shared any pages here before, I thought I'd start with the one they chose! (If you guys are reading this...Thanks again Macy and Janet!!)
     I made this as a birthday present for my twin sister this past November. The poem I used had been a gift from her to me on a beautifully scrapped page for a birthday a few years before, but I knew she didn't have it out to read for herself. I thought she should, and this is what I came up with. I love my poem so much, and I hope she knows that.

"Sisters" by Melissa Sherbon
Poem by Martha S.
Credits:
fonts: Susie's Hand and Garamond
Clip: mgl Scraps, Spring Break Kit
Green polkadot pp: Sweet Blossom Designs by Sara
Strawberry Kisses Collab Kit
Picture Overlays: e-lena Designs, Shabby Paper Overlay
Hearts: Baer Garten Designs, Special You Kit
Papers: Katie Pertiet, ColorChallenge8/2/09 &
AdChallenge10/18/09
folded paper edge: Jan Hicks, Curled Edges Special
clover: Melissa Sherbon
Staples: wimpychompers, Gerber Garden Kit
Ribbon: Jan Crowley, Vagabond Kit
alpha: Rachel Young, The Beginning Alpha

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you posted it here! Oh, btw, did you fix the hole in the roof?

    ReplyDelete

I love each and every comment! Thanks for taking the time!