June 15, 2010

For Today, June 15th

Head over to The Simple Woman's Daybook Blog to participate!
Outside my window: it's dark, and still warm. Summer is finally here.
I am hearing: the quiet of the house, and a few birds outside, though it's very late...or early, depending on how you look at it!
I am wearing: one of my favorite old long sleeve tee shirts and some flannel pants.
From the kitchen: coffee...coffee...COFFEE!
I am thankful for: my friends. A long chat with a good friend is great therapy!
I am going: to start reading as much as I can about the mysterious human brain.
Noticing that: no matter how many positive comments there may be, it's the negative one(s) that stick in your brain. Why is that?
I am reading: The Secret Language of the Mind by David Cohen
From the learning rooms: the book I am reading is SO interesting. I am reading about how the brain works, why we do or do not do things, and how consciousness and it's many states work.
On my mind: I need to remember that I am my biggest critic, and should try seeing myself through someone else's eyes; namely, those who care for me, and not those who don't.
Quote for Thought: I need to remember this! "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter." ~Dr. Seuss
One of my favorite things: reading, reading, reading!
I'm creating: Yes, I am creating! I have been scrapping and playing in PSE this week.
Around the house: dishes to do, but I got a lot done today! The biggest thing was rearranging the garage in order to get our couch accessible. Selling it because we aren't able to fit it in the house we moved to!
A few plans for the week: back to exercising after a day or two of rest, and at least some brainstorming for more pages. I think if I make little challenges for myself, I will keep the creativity flowing.
From my lens: I was playing around with editing photos, and this is one i came up with. These are the buttercups growing by my side door in one of our sunny spots. I like the pen &ink feeling I got from combining Poster Edge, Ink, and Diffused Glow!

copyright Melissa Sherbon Photography 2010

2 comments:

I love each and every comment! Thanks for taking the time!