June 19, 2010

An Origami Father's Day Card

Father's Day is upon us again! I usually make a digital card for such occasions, but I have no way to print them, so I decided to break out my (gasp!) traditional supplies! Yes...for the first time since February 2009 actually. I can't believe it's been that long! I didn't want this card to be like the rest, so I thought I'd go 3D, like all the movies seem to be doing lately! No need for glasses, though, because I went origami style! I thought a shirt and tie would be SO cute, so I searched how-to's and found a neat video from BarefootStamper.com on YouTube, then I tweaked the idea and made it my own.

I went to the local scrap store here in town today (I'm posting about them tomorrow!) and amazingly spent under $2.00. I only needed paper. I ended up choosing a double patterned paper by Crate Paper from their Little Sprout Collection. I got two pieces, but I ended up only using one.

My supplies were:
1 white card stock 4x6 card with envelope
one piece patterned paper of choice 
one Post-it (the color matched!)
choice of stamps, if stamping (I used stamps from
Hero Arts and Hampton Art's Studio G)
Scotch Double-sided Tape
scissors & paper cutter

If it weren't already practically Sunday, I would go through the folding process. If you guys are really interested, I may post the how to in a later post...so let me know if you are interested! For now, I'm posting pictures of the final product! I can't tell you how great it felt to actually craft again. If I had the supplies, I probably would have made these in different patterns all day long! This card was SO much fun...I hope you like it as much as I did when I finished. I can't wait to give this to my father-in-law tomorrow!

The top middle is the finished card. The other two pictures up top are just up close details. The lower left hand pic is what you see when you open the card, and the lower right hand shot is the front and back of the paper I chose from The Little Sprout Collection by Crate Paper.
The inside of the card reads:
"Anyone can be a father,
it takes someone 
special to be a
Dad."

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my excitement over crafting! I will work on a step by step how-to on this card for the curious people out there! Until then, have a wonderful Father's Day with the Dad or Dads in your life! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. This is VERY cool! I would love to know how to make it! I have seen them before, but yours are spectacular! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the coolest cards I've ever seen! Love the color combination! Can't wait to see what else you create!

    ReplyDelete

I love each and every comment! Thanks for taking the time!